I help Artists and Business Owners see 👁️ what's unique about their business and communicate that naturally.
Hey, I'm David Sherry. I'm a coach and guide for Founders and Brands looking to get clarity on how to grow into the next chapter of their business and life.
I built a company, burned out, and then learned to build a strong and healthy relationship with how I show up every day to serve people in my business and communicate my brand with ease.
From my experience building a business and going through my own transitions and development, other business owners started to find me to share and discuss their experiences hitting the same stuck point: You've found success, but now things are feeling difficult.
Some feel trapped by their own business, they’re having a hard time developing what’s next or feel like they've lost the spark, or others just want to feel like they're continuing to grow at a high pace.
Here are some of the outcomes I help Business Owners Achieve:
● Become confident in the face of any difficult relationship or situation.
● Stay focused and motivated with new practices and strategies.
● Increase you and your productivity without increasing stress.
● Reduce anxiety by closing open loops.
● Build momentum in every category of your life.
It's been an honor to create the space to hold these discussions and help business owners build a new team, change their role within their own companies, learn to build a life outside of work, and gain a deeper understanding of how to communicate their vision.
Whether it's your brand communication, team dynamics, or problems with personal burnout and motivation, my work is to create a positive but non-judgmental space to help you level up.
My knack is for listening and helping you develop in a way that's natural for you, serving as a mirror for your growth.
If you'd like to get in touch with me about coaching, I'd be happy to set up some time to hear about where you're at and share what I hear/see in as clear a way as possible to help where I can.
If you want to get to know me better first, here is some more...
In 2013, I founded Death to the Stock Photo.
You might remember us from our newsletter, which attracted 500,000+ creators from countries and locations around the globe.
I helped produce and share 100's refreshing photo and video campaigns, including The Mystery USB which sold out in 24 hours.
The Caffeine Newsletter is a spin-off of Death to Stock, and covers what the creative process looks like under the hood for time-strapped creators looking to make a difference and level up.
Art $ Attention is simple quick ideas from around the web that can teach you or give you the tools to build a brand.
My 1-1 Coaching is for anyone looking to define, with clarity who they are and build confidence communicating that with the world.
I'm heavily influenced by the work of Seth Godin and Kevin Kelley with some type of Spiritual 🌌 leader in between.
My uniform is LOT.
My mood board is Arena.
My investments are in NEW MONEY.
My home is Santa Monica🌴
Communication is at the heart of any relationship...
Brand Mantras (2019)
1. Show, don’t tell.
2. Hold strong values and travel with them like a passport.
3. Stream your strategy directly to your community. PR is a distortion filter that waters down your message.
4. Show Proof of Supply Chain.
5. Protect your Customers.
6. Aesthetic advantages are diminishing. Instead, design for user experience.
7. A great product changes its customers. Take responsibility for this. Combat user loneliness through community infrastructure and support.
8. Decentralize where possible.
9. Make Data Collection Explicit. Ask questions. Think of how a chef asks “Do you have any food allergies?” “Do you like spicy?" Data is used to help the customer, not to help you.